V-Sprint Sunflower Challenge
In aid of Cure Leukaemia Tour of the TAP Challenge. A simple concept – You buy a seed, we plant, water, grow it. The tallest flower wins
Enter as many times as you like for £10 per entry.
Each £10 entry buys a seed which we will plant and grow, the tallest sunflower on 23rd July wins £100
Through the competition you will be given the opportunity to add liquid fertilizer to your plant for an extra fee.
No refunds will be given once your seed is planted.
During the Tour de France one of the most amazing sites you will see are the fields of Sunflowers, especially in the Pyrenees. As the Peloton passes the fields of sunflowers the bright colour matches that of the race leader – The Yellow Jersey. As three of our club embark on a cycling challenger – The Tour of The TAP – for Cure Leukaemia, we wanted to support their fundraising efforts by running this simple competition, all proceeds from this competition will be donated to the three riders Cure Leukaemia fundraising pages.
The competition is simple – you buy a seed and we grow it for you, all entries will be judged for height on 23rd July with the tallest flower winning. At various points in the competition, you will be given options (at a cost) that could improve your chances of winning (for example: pay extra to have fertilizer added to you plant pot).
• £10 per seed – no restriction on the number you buy.
• All seeds will be planted on the 8th April 2023 in to individual pots
• Seedlings will be transferred to outdoor positions in May.
• Late entries planted on the day of entry.
• Regular updates will be given on progress, along with options to buy fertilizer for your flower.
• Flower height will be judged by the V-Sprint Committee on 23rd July 2023
• The judge’s decision will be final