Whilst the Covid Lockdown rules have been eased, remember because you can do something does not mean you have to.
Our COVID medal standards still apply
GOLD – STAY AT HOME and use your Turbo
SILVER – Ride outside ALONE
BRONZE – If around others always Social Distance
The latest relaxation of COVID lockdown rules allows sporting activities in groups of 6, providing social distancing is adhered to. This allows 6 riders (Including yourself) from up to 6 different households to ride together, therefore we are updating our rules on riding.
• Close riding ‘V-Sprint style’ group rides are NOT permitted, social distancing rules still apply, The government guidance is 2 metres, however as per previous recommendations try to extend this distance as speed increases.
• There will be NO CLUB RIDES, until larger groups are allowed all club rides remain suspended.
• You may use V-Sprint Social media to arrange rides.
• Each ride should have a nominated ‘Group’ leader, who will be responsible for
Monitoring/Maintaining social distancing.
Ensure no riders ‘jump on’ to the group.
Ensuring the group is no more than 6 riders (It is a criminal offense to arrange to meet more than 5 other people)
• Do not ride to WALES. Welsh rules do not permit this activity.
• Normal rules and guidance on food/drink/spares apply.
Remember you will be distanced more than normal, V-Sprint have a no drop policy, so ensure the extra gaps due to social distancing do not cause you to lose sight of other riders.
Remember if you are wearing club kit, although not a club ride, you are still representing your V-Sprint friends. As 6 riders together you will be more visible, attracting more attention, even more so if all riders are in the same kit. Always represent the V-Sprint values of good riding standards with consideration to others. Some will look to challenge even minor indiscretions, so as always 100% concentration is required